After a few months of tests and various evaluations, we can claim to have identified the best SDR panadapter to combine with our IFace. We have tried cheap 8-bit products as well as much more expensive high-end products but this seemed to us the best compromise.
It is a small device to be connected to the USB port of our computers and allows you to digitize RF signals from 10 kHz to 2 GHz with a resolution of 12 bits. It works at a sampling rate such as to have up to 10 MHz of frequency band. It also features a 0.5 ppm TCXO.
Its technical characteristics are as follows:
- continuous coverage from 10 kHz to 2 GHz
- 12 bit resolution ADC
- TCXO 0.5 ppm reference oscillator
- up to 10 MHz of RF band viewable
- low background noise compared to 8-bit devices
- micro-USB 2.0 interface
- SMA 50Ω antenna connector
- it can also be used as spectrum analyzer (RF input power 0 dBm max)
- compatible with all programs for SDRPlay RSP1
- works with the most popular SDR software (HDSDR, SDR Console, Cubic SDR, and SDRuno)
- case in anodized aluminum
- power supply current from USB: 120-175mA
- high quality/cost ratio
2 purchase options are available.
You can find more information in our previous article on which SDR panadapter to use.
In this article you can find how to set up HDSDR to use this SDR receiver together with our IFace.
For further information, please write via the following form.