ZCONV485 is an efficient and compact RS232 – RS485 self-powered converter.
It connects directly to the RS232 port using the classic 9-pin SUBD connector. From this it derives also the current necessary for its operation.
On the opposite side there are 6 terminals with a 5.08 mm pitch to which the RS485 communication cable is to be connected. It is also possible to supply the converter directly from the bus by applying a voltage between 9 and 24 Vdc.
Technical characteristics, RS232 side:
- Data Rate up to 120 kpbs
- ESD +/-15 kV (HBM – Human Body Model)
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU v.28 Standards
- Max supply current 15 mA
Technical characteristics, RS485 side:
- Maximum bumber of end node: 32
- Low Supply Current, 5 mA Max
- Meets or Exceeds the Standard Requirements of ANSI RS-485 and ISO 8482:1987(E)
- Common-Mode Voltage Range of −7 V to 12 V
- Positive- and Negative-Output Current Limiting
- Driver Thermal Shutdown Protection
The following table shows the pinouts of the two connectors.
|1||Power Supply 9 – 24 Vdc|
|2||2||RXD+ / A|
|3||RXD- / B|
|4||TXD- / Z|
|3||5||TXD+ / Y|
|4, 7||Power Supply|
More information? Please use the following form.